Sunday, May 3, 2015

Spring Art Journal Entry

Hello there!
Here is another art journal entry I recently did and wanted to share it with you guys as well as my step by step process of how I did it.

So I started off by talking to the Lord and thinking about what I am thankful for right now and I immediately thought of Spring and flowers. This season brings so much joy to my heart and brings so much anticipation of new things as new life begins to grow. Plus, it’s my favorite season.
2015-03-31_0001.jpg



Here I used watercolor to paint the flowers.
2015-03-31_0002.jpg

Then I painted the background pink and yellow with watercolors.
IMG_9683.jpg


Then I pasted a book page into my journal with decoupage and covered it with a light layer of Gesso(pronounced Jesso) so that I could still see the words but not enough to where I couldn’t read my journal entry.
IMG_9694.jpg

I usually like to draw these little rainbow thingys and they kind of reminded me of clouds so I decided to draw them with my Spring flowers. I originally thought I would draw raindrops coming from them but decided not to.
2015-03-31_0003.jpg
Then I decided to paint more flowers because I thought the bottom looked too bare.
2015-03-31_0004.jpg


Next I needed something to fill the top left hand corner so I decided to take these tags I had, paint them with yellow watercolor, write some things I feel when I think of Spring, and then simply tape them into my journal with washi tape.
2015-03-31_0005.jpg

IMG_9713.jpg

Then I used this really cool stamp that I got from either Target or Michaels to stamp the date for my journal entry. (Side note: I don’t really like this ink because it’s not waterproof so it easily smudges if you paint over it with anything wet like glue, watercolor, or paint and it’s really annoying. Get waterproof ink!)
IMG_9719.jpg



Then I went ahead and journaled.
2015-03-31_0006.jpg

Here I added some last details by drawing circles and coloring the insides of them white. I really like adding circles/doodles and fills in the blank spaces.
IMG_9725.jpg

And this is what the final product looks like:
IMG_9727.jpg
IMG_9742.jpg
So that’s about it guys! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you liked my post!
 photo AliciasSig_zps8be159cc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment