Sunday, February 15, 2015

Blast from the Past

Hey guys!

How was your Valentine's day? Mine was great! My hubby surprised me with some sweet treats when I got home from volunteering at The Longmont Humane Society so that was sweet. Then we went to dinner with a whole bunch of our friends. We had a blast and really got to enjoy each other and our love.

Anyway, I wanted to write about a cool box I found in my closet the other day- It's a time capsule.  Over the years I had forgotten about it but a couple years ago I found it under my bed and have been anxiously waiting to open it ever since. It was an old Hanes shoe box and it said "Do not open until December 9th, 2014. I had made the box back when I was 14 and had kept it sealed for 10yrs. It was so cool grabbing it from my closet and opening it with my husband. Check it out:

I had saved some pretty amazing stuff! I wrote a letter to myself sharing everything that I loved at that time in my life. It included the kind of music I liked, who my best friends were, how my family was doing, and my commitments to the Lord. It also included some pictures of friends and family, a ribbon I had from Middle School for Volley Ball, my favorite chapstick, a duct tape wallet I made (because I was totally into that then), one of my favorite Anne Frank envelopes I would use, and just some cool stuff here and there. But my two favorite things that I left in there were a card and a Purity Pact. The card was from my parents for my 14th bday. They just shared how proud they were of me and couldn't believe I was 14(woohoo)! That was very meaningful because at this moment, my family is completely torn apart as my parents are about to divorce. Nothing from that time in my life is the same and I am terribly sad about it but it was nice to have that momento from a good time in our lives. Also, I thought it was so cool how I left a Purity Pact that I signed at youth group in there. It explains why I wanted to commit to be pure and how I was not only making a promise to God, but to myself and my future husband and you know what? I fulfilled that commitment and you know what was even better? I got to take that pact out of the box, and read it with the man I waited for. It was a sweet moment. 

I plan on doing another time capsule in the next week or two so that when I'm 34, I can look back at the past ten years and see how much has changed, how many dreams I have fulfilled, and see if life turned out the way I had hoped.



I encourage you to make one too! They're so fun and you never know what you're gonna find!

 photo AliciasSig_zpsae115470.png






No comments:

Post a Comment