Sunday, February 22, 2015

Engagement Gift Idea







Hello sweeties!

So now that the holidays are over (including Valentines) and a lot of your girl friends have recently gotten engaged, I wanted to share a gift idea with you that you can put together for one of your best friends that is going to get married. I put this gift together for one of my best friends Laura! She lives in Cali and came to visit this past weekend for her fiancĂ©'s bday and also to, little did I know, ask me to be her bridesmaid (and of course I said YESSS!!!!) So, since I knew she was coming I wanted to put something together for her to celebrate such a special time in her life! 

P.S. Aren't they so cute???



First of all, I wanted to add two key pieces. When initially engaged, one of the funnest parts is getting inspiration for your big day so I got her an Inside Weddings magazine to get ideas for her wedding. Next, a planner is crucial for planning a wedding! You have so many appointments to keep with all the vendors and you have to schedule cake tastings, dinner tastings, dress fittings and so on so, with that said, I got her the cutest Sugar Paper planner filled with pink pages (which is her favorite color btw).


Now I'm sure as she sees people in the next couple weeks who have heard about her engagement, they will want to see her ring and kiss her cheeks so, why not load her up with the cutest color of pink nail polish by Essie (which lasts long too) so that when people grab her hand to see that dazzling jewel, her nails will be well manicured and polished. And don't forget a nice face mask to keep her cheeks soft and glowing for the next couple weeks to come!


 Lastly, I wanted to customize her gift by making this cute "C" for her, soon to be new last name, by wrapping a cardboard letter with grey and white yarn. Also, I must say that for such an exciting time in life, sometimes you just need a little confetti to throw around to really celebrate hence, the small jar below. And finally, I decided to make her a little charm bracelet complete with a ring and a purple stone charm. You can easily find all these materials at your local Hobby Lobby and Michael's.


Finally, I found the cutest gift box at Target to put all this stuff in and of course I had paint her name on the tag to really customize it!


So there you go! Those are just a few ideas for your friend who just got engaged and of course, you can always customize it to things that mean a lot to her and your friendship with her. Have fun!
 photo AliciasSig_zps8be159cc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment