Monday, March 2, 2015

What's in my purse, you ask?

Hello there Darling!

     Today is a good day! You wanna know why? This week I officially launched my photography website and boy am I excited about it. You see, my dream is to one day quit my regular full time job and work for myself as a photographer/creative and making a website is a tiny step in that direction, only because business owners usually have websites. If you want to check it out you can here.

     Now moving on.... Even though I'm a girl and usually know what girls keep in their purses I often wonder what else they have in there so I thought I'd share with you what I have in mine at this moment.

     First of all, if you're a girl that likes makeup at all I'm sure you have at least something in your purse where you can keep it all in one place or maybe you just have a pocket that holds all of it. For me, I have a makeup bag (from Ipsy of course) with mostly lipsticks and chapsticks but I also carry a compact mirror and nail clippers and a nail file. I try not to bite my nails so I keep the file on hand to get rid of any snags and chips that might happen.

    
     I don't know if this is ridiculous or not but I do carry a book in my purse. Not all the time but if there is a good one I'm reading at the moment then I will certainly keep it with my just in case I'm bored or if David wants to listen to me read it to him in the car. Right now The Shack is my book of choice. At the moment I'm going through some really tough times and there is a lot going on so I felt like reading this book could help me remember how tangible God is. If you haven't read this book I highly recommend it. The first couple chapters are a little dark but it's a fictional book about how a man encounters God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit and how they help him heal from much pain and anger and sorrow that he has experienced. Just what I need!

     Along with carrying a book I also carry a couple journals. I don't mean to but one journal is usually my personal journal where I talk to God and then my other one is for spontaneous ideas and plans. I haven't really journaled in my personal one much lately but with launching my photography website and relaunching my blog, I often have ideas that pop in my mind that I could blog about or even ideas for photoshoots. I guess I just need one place where I can keep all of my ideas.


     Then, of course I have my planner where I write down all of my upcoming photo shoots. I don't really use it much other than that. If I feel like I'll have a busy month I'll write everything I have going on in this planner to get a big picture because sometimes I just want to see it in pencil and paper and not just on a screen. Plus, this was only $1.00 at Target so I couldn't go wrong!


     Along with a journal and a planner, I also keep my business cards handy. I never know who I'm going to run into. It could be a potential client, a potential model, or even someone I want to collaborate with. Whoever it is, I just want to be prepared. Plus, aren't they so cute? I love Moo cards!


     Then of course I have my handy dandy iPhone! Yes, I must admit, I am an apple lover and I am unashamed! I use my iPhone for a plethora of different things but what one of the major things I use it for is music because I lost my iPod a year ago and I am devastated about it! Talk about years and years of music lost and, to make it worse, a lot of it was from CD's I don't have anymore! It really is a tragedy lol. Anyway, House Fires is a group that I recently discovered through my friend John and I just love it! My husband and his family use to lead a house church and this reminds me of it a little bit. Such good stuff!


     If you've never been to Colorado then you're missing out big time. It's an amazing state to live in but if you haven't heard yet, it is EXTREMELY dry (even with all the snow we've been getting) so, I definitely have to have lotion handy at all times. This is actually another product I got from Ipsy and I actually really like it. It smells really good and it's really light. 


     Next is Essie nail polish. I don't always keep nail polish in my purse (these were actually in there because I just bought them 2 days ago) but it's kind of handy to have if you like to have your nails painted regularly. For me, if I don't keep them painted I tend to chew them. I have no idea why but I think if they're coated in a cute color I don't want to ruin them/I don't remember that they're growing so that by the time I take it off, I have long nails. Cute and long nails = win, win.



     Of course I carry a wallet (I mean, that's what purses are usually for right?) and I do have a check book. Since we only spend in cash, having a check book is still necessary for us since we use it to pay tithe, some bills, and if we ever want to give money away or support something. Also, I do have my debit card in my wallet along with a thousand other kinds of cards including my health insurance card, dental insurance card, reward cards to various stores, and I also have stamps in there.


     Here are my envelopes. David and I do Dave Ramsey's cash budget envelope system so I always have on hand the cash we need for things we do in everyday life. For example, I have envelopes for eating out, gas, clothes & shoes, entertainment and so on and so forth. Once the envelope runs out, we are done spending in that area for the month. It has been a huge life saver for us and since doing it, our finances are doing amazing and we are on our way to a stable future. If you ever get the chance to do his Financial Peace University program, we HIGHLY recommend it!


     Lastly, when all you do is spend cash for everything, you easily collect a lot of change! I found this super cute coin purse from Forever 21 and I'm so glad I did. Carrying this much change in my wallet was getting too crazy and it was also ripping holes in my envelopes. No bueno!

     So that's it folks! That's what I carry with me everyday. I would love love love to see what you carry! If you have time you should post some picture of what you carry with you or write a blog post about your purse. Then send me the link because, curious little me, would like to know what you have! Well, so long!
 photo AliciasSig_zps8be159cc.png










No comments:

Post a Comment