Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My Art Journal

Hello Lovies!
     It's been two weeks since I last posted but these past couple weeks have been cray cray (can I get an amen?)! My husband and I signed up for an awesome online business school and it has been rockin' us! We've already learned so much and can't wait to see where we'll go after we're done. It takes up most of our nights so I've been busy with that as well as hanging out with my awesome creative family who came into town this past week. So I'm pretty much just playing catch up. 
(If you want to see more of what my Lewin family is doing, you can check them out here: David LewinEmily LewinMegan Lewin, and Joshua Lewin).
     So for this weeks post I wanted to share with you something I've been working on little by little over the years. It's called an Art Journal. I basically paint or collage on the pages of my journal and then write about whats going on in life. I don't always write but I do when I feel like it, otherwise I just express myself through art. I'm working on two of them so I'll show some pages in both. Check it out:

This one is my most recent entry done about a week and a half ago:
Here I added some little accents throughout the page to make it interesting.


I found an old negative in some photos I had developed and decided to add that to my page. I also painted this little bird. Isn't he cute?


This one I made awhile ago but it's one of my faves. 

 I was able to cut out a little bird from some fabric and glue him in there as well as some hearts from a book. Love how it turned out.


This is a different journal but these are some of my favorite pages.


 Besides the top right photo, these ones are just ok in my eyes. They're not my favorite but still kind of cool.


I also figured that I would be real and not just show my favorite pieces or just my best work but I thought I'd also share the ones I don't like. These ones I would probably rip out my book if I could but I don't want to mess it up. Plus, it's kind of cool seeing where you started and looking back at the beginning.

      So that's it. I LOVE art journaling and it's a huge outlet for me even though I don't get to do it too often. Hope you enjoyed!
 photo AliciasSig_zps8be159cc.png

No comments:

Post a Comment