Saturday, May 23, 2015

Engagement Gift Idea: Justice is engaged!



        As you guys may know, I have done a post like this before but I wanted to do another one because another one of my friends (or should I say soon to be family members) just got engaged! My brother proposed to his girlfriend of 5yrs and I thought I would make a little celebratory gift for her! Plus, I wanted to give you guys some ideas for your friends who are engaged or getting engaged.

        First of all, aren't Justice and Vincent cute? Vincent is my younger brother and means SO much to me! As kids we always fought and beat each other up but now that we're adults we're really great friends. We are SO much alike have each other to thank for where we are in the Lord and in our lives. We are each others biggest supporters and cheerleaders and because of that, we are both in amazing places in our lives. So for Vince to find Justice, all I can feel is pure excitement and joy for them as they enter this next season of their lives! 


        So first of all, we all know people will be wanting to look at the ring so having a cute nail polish will keep her hands show and tell ready. Also, I found this cute ring dish so she can keep her ring safe when washing her hands or taking a shower.

        Next I made her a few paperclip bookmarks with washi tape attached so she can keep track of her favorite pages in her wedding magazines as well as keep track of her pages in her wedding planner. It's always fun adding a cute touch to something you're already using!

         Then I figured I'd get her some nice Jasmine and Lavender hand soap to keep her hands nice and soft so when people grab them she'll be prepared. I also found this cute suitcase tag for her to use when they leave for their honeymoon to Mexico! Seemed like a fun addition to the excitement of their travels.


        Justice is becoming a Mentz so I added some sparkly gold glitter to this M for their future apartment. One of the funnest parts about being first married is writing and trying out your new last name so why not be reminded with a monogram and some glitter?
        The flowers are just for fun. I found this cool small glass jar shaped like a lightbulb so I filled it with some beads and found some sweet dainty pink silk flowers that reminded me of justice and put them in the vase. Turned out pretty cute.




        Next I bought her a pack of Garden Studies journals by Virginia Johnson for her to journal about this sweet season in her life. When I was engaged and planning my wedding I wish I had written about the details more and about what I had loved about the season because it's so easy to forget those things.


         For the finishing touch I made this card for her. I painted some watercolor poppies and used my calligraphy pen to write her name and to write her a letter. 

        So that's it! All of those pieces came together beautifully and I had so much fun looking for things I thought she would like as well as making them. It's so enjoyable to celebrate those around us and the big life changing decisions they make that'll bring joy and happiness. I love being a part of that joy and celebrating with them!








 photo AliciasSig_zps8be159cc.png

2 comments:

  1. Alicia, this gift is so creative & well thought out. You bring joy to all who know you. So thankful you are going to have more time now to peruse your artistic endeavors. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mama! I'm really excited about this new season. It's cool how the Lord is working.

      Delete